Below is a list of questions that we are frequently asked regarding Myron’s DVDs and classes.
If you have a question, please complete the form on our Contact Us page and include your question. We will review all requests, and we will post the answers on this page.
“I have purchased a video for download. How do I access the download link?”
- If you go back to Barnstone website, at the very top of the site you will see a small gray menu. Click on My Account.
- When you purchased the product, you created a user account on the site. Enter your email address and password to sign into your account.
- On your account page, click on the link named “Completed Orders”.
- Purchased orders will display under your completed orders. Click on the “Download Files” link.
- In the next screen, click on the link for the desired file and this should open the file for you to download.
“I am having trouble downloading the videos. What do I do?”
Windows Media Player 12 is the only Microsoft player that supports .mp4 file format.
Earlier versions of the player do not support the playback of the .mp4 file format. You will need to download and install a DirectShow-compatible MPEG-4 decoder pack, such as FFDShow, in order to view our videos.
Apple users will need to download VCL Player. This app will play your downloads as well as many other file types.
Once you have installed the app, you can move the files from a computer to your iPad by following these instructions:
“I want to get the set, what order should I watch them in?”
Myron used to require students at the studios start with his Drawing One class (The Drawing and Design DVDs) and follow through the program he created for a complete understanding of his methods. One without the other is kind of like trying to complete a 1000 piece puzzle with 900 pieces. A lot of invaluable information.
Drawing One includes Myron’s value system which is very important building block to the color theory course.
After you have completed the Drawing and Design DVDs you are ready to watch the Golden Section Lecture.
Then, you can go back and rewatch the Drawing and Design lectures again and do the homework again and it will all make much more sense. Finish the series off by watching the Figure Drawing lecture.
The Palette Control Color Theory courses are explored with oil paint, but would be beneficial for any artist working in any media. The content is about color and how to organize and use color more powerfully rather than oil vs. watercolor or any other media.