Barnstone Studios Color Theory Class 1 Download
About Barnstone Studios Color Theory Class 1 Download
Lesson One - Introduction to the Fletcher Palette
Lesson one introduces you to the complex aspects and content of the color course at a high level. The concepts, tools and ideas that are presented in lesson one are broken down in subsequent lessons for deeper understanding but are presented in this first lecture to introduce you to the bulk of the ideas that form the color course and give you a chance to see what happens when you mix colors together.
- Introduction to color and the key components of the Barnstone Color Course
- Color mixing and observation using a color key
- Mix a palette in the Key of RO-G-BV
- Tune the triad, learn about secondary colors and the central neutral.
- Create a simple design for translating Fletcher color notations into color
- Paint a value step scale.
This course presupposes a sound understanding of the principles of drawing, value organization and design principles, all of which are offered in the foundation in drawing and design course.
Individual downloads and DVDs are available for convenience and affordability.
Each item is part of a lecture series and is recommended to be watched in the following order:
Drawing & Design Lectures 1-10
Golden Section Lecture
Figure Drawing Lecture
The Palette Control Color Theory Lectures 1-7.*
*If viewed separately from the Drawing & Design Lectures, follow up with the Gold Section Lecture.
Buy 10 or above and get 25% off